Animal Care Clinic Policies
We greatly value our relationship with our clients and appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide locally owned, exceptional veterinary care to our community.
Animal Care Clinic employs a zero-tolerance policy regarding abusive behavior and will maintain a respectful environment for our clients and staff.
While visiting Animal Care Clinic, prohibited behaviors include, but are not limited to:
• Angry outbursts or yelling at any member of our team
• Speaking in a demeaning or rude manner to any member of our team
• Vulgar language in general, but specifically calling any member of our team vulgar names
• Disrespect towards any team member based on physical appearance, race, or gender
• Insinuating that any member of our team doesn’t care about a pet or values financial gain over a pet’s health/safety
• Any acts of intimidation which may include threatening physical harm, destroying property or to smear
Violation of this policy will result in immediate termination of any existing veterinary-client-patient relationship (VCPR) and dismissal from our practice.
The basic foundations of any relationship include mutual respect and trust. Our mission is to provide the best possible care we can for every pet we encounter and to support and develop our team in a safe and engaged environment.
Emily Hoots, DVM
Eric Hoots, DVM, MS, DACVS